Infant and early childhood mental health in Europe – Service pathways to promote infant and early childhood mental health
This roundtable will involve a small number of brief presentations followed by discussion of some of the service pathways that are in place in high, low and middle income countries to promote infant mental health. We will examine examples of the evidence-based universal, targeted and treatment services that are being provided in the postnatal period and early years. The focus of the roundtable will be on dyadic methods of working.
- Jane Barlow – President of the UK AIMH; UK (chair)
- Kai von Klitzing – President of WAIMH; Germany
- Rita Rapazote – Portugal
- Anne Golden – Ireland
- Tünde Németh – Hungary
- Dua Tarun & Servili Chiara – World Health Organization
and four experts from other European countries (Please, submit an abstract!)
Questions for panel members:
- What are the most important outcomes in terms of infant and early childhood mental health and what are the main issues in terms of achieving these currently in your country?
- What are the most important lessons you have learnt in setting up infant and early childhood mental health services that would be helpful to other professionals who want to introduce new innovative practice?